I have been hibernating like a bear for the last few months, due to the cold weather and dark skies. Finally, I think there is light at the end of the winter tunnel.. the air smelled like spring last night! It rained and it smelled delicious… so, I think that is going to help me come out of hibernation. Since I am coming out of my cave, I will start to be more active…. walking, running, using weights… etc. I will definitely be doing more outside and because I am almost 41 yrs. old….I will likely need to turn to my trusty PanAway Essential Oil. This oil is great for sports injuries, sprains, muscle and bone pain, bruises, headaches and even broken bones! “PanAway is an excellent blend of essential oils that was specifically designed for inflammation and pain. It brings additional oxygen into the site of the injured or damaged tissue which accelerates the healing process as well.”
PanAway is a blend of Peppermint, Wintergreen, Helicrysum and Clove. I love the smell of this oil… it smells like a Wintergreen Lifesaver!
Peppermint- (Mentha piperita), which is calming for nerves
Wintergreen- (Gaultheria procumbens), which has an active constituent similar to cortisone
Helicrysum- (Helichrysum italicum), which is soothing for localized discomfort
Clove- (Syzygium aromaticum), which contains eugenol, used by dentists to numb gums
I don’t use this oil everyday, but this is the first oil I reach for if I pull a muscle or hurt myself in any way… it is amazing how quickly it does work. I just apply a couple drops directly on the skin. I would do this 2-3 times a day. This can be a hot oil because of the Peppermint and Wintergreen…so you probably want to dilute it with a carrier oil.
Here are some other uses for PanAway:
Dilute 1 part PanAway essential oil to 1 part vegetable oil. Possible skin sensitivity for some users.
• Rub on temples, back of neck, forehead or use as a compress on back.
• Applied on location for sore muscles, cramps, bruises, or wherever it may hurt after exercise.
• Apply PanAway oil topically on an injured area to reduce inflammation and bruising
• Apply PanAway oil topically to sore muscles after exercising
• Rub a drop of PanAway oil on the temples, forehead and back of the neck to relieve a headache
• Mix PanAway oil with massage oil and massage on location to stop growing pains
• Rub 1-2 drops of PanAway essential oil on arthritic hands to lessen pain
• Rub 2-3 drops of PanAway oil at the base of the spine to relieve sciatic pain
• For arthritic pets, massage PanAway oil diluted with V-6 Vegetable on location
This is especially great for kiddos having growing pains… dilute with a carrier oil and massage into the legs. Plus, your kids will love smelling like a Lifesaver!
Happy (soon to be) spring, my friends! Let’s get out there and get active!
You can find this oil on my website at https://www.youngliving.org/angelairene
*Sharing experiences with essential oils is an effective way of learning to utilize these powerful gifts from Nature. With this knowledge we can take control of our personal health. However, we are required by law in the USA to state, “These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products and techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”